Friends of Animals
Friends of Animals Victoria!
Welcome to the site for FoA Victoria - check the Events section for our next monthly meeting, as well as demonstrations and other activities.
Scroll down for our various campaigns, including the Oak Bay Deer, our efforts to Ban the Horse-Drawn Carriages, the UVic Friends of Animals Club, the UVic Rabbits and Holiday literature. Also, check out our Vegan Buddies program.
Ban Horse-Drawn Carriages Campaign
Below are our PDF files on the Horse-Drawn Carriage campaign in the city:
- Join our Carriage-Free Victoria Facebook page.
- NEW! Order a few City Hall Postcards!
- NEW! City Hall Post Card PDF
- NEW! City Hall Post Card PDF Promo Poster
- Frequently Asked Questions leaflet PDF
- Original Carriage Leaflet PDF
- Main Friends of Animals Info Page on Carriages
- Resident Petition - For Victoria Residents
- Visitor Petition - For Visitors to Victoria
- Elliot Report - details on a City Hall and Victoria Police Freedom of Information Request
- Election 2008 - what did city candidates say about horse-drawn carriages?
- 2006 James Bay Poll - Poll Summary
- 2006 James Bay Poll - Poll Questions
- 2006 James Bay Poll - Poll Results (raw data)
- Poster #1 - "Horses Do Not Belong In The City"
- Poster #2 - "Choose Respect - Say NO To Horse-Drawn Carriages"
- Poster #3 - "Step Into the 21st Century: Get Off Their Backs"
- Poster #4 - "Please... Don't Feed the Horse-Carriage Drivers"
- Poster #5 - "Horses Deserve Unbridled Love"
- Video - NY FoA Director Edita Birnkrant & Senator Tony Avella discussing NY City carriage horses.
- Rescue - Bobby, a NYC carriage horse, rescued from slaughterhouse, not living at a sanctuary.
Join our Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Carriage-Free-Victoria/142240729127464
Working In Cooperation With:
Greater Victoria Deer Advocates
Join us in speaking up for local deer! We have a new page dedicated fully to the campaign, including the new Living With Deer booklet - check it out!
UVic Friends of Animals Club
Friends of Animals Victoria has a club at the University, called the UVSS Friends of Animals Club, to promote Friends of Animals programs on campus, encourage activism and social activities among vegans, vegetarians, and other animal activists. Common activities include:
- games nights & vegan snacklucks
- vegan potlucks
- vegan bakesale fundraisers
- vegan feed-outs (giving away tasty vegan goodies and vegan literature)
- promoting FoA campaigns, like the ban on the horse-drawn carriages, ending the east coast seal slaughter, defending the UVic rabbits, advocating for free-living animals, vegan advocacy, and more!
- promoting the Vegan Buddies program
Here's a list of relevant files:
Thanksgiving and Holidays (PDF files)
- Leaflet - Thanksgiving: A Celebration For All
- Posters: Spare a Turkey, Eat a Vegetable! & Celebrate A Turkey-Friendly Thanksgiving
- Graphic: Spare a Turkey, Eat a Vegetable!
Read the published Letter to the Editor in Monday Magazine from Friends of Animals.
Below are PDF's of the materials we're providing for the campaign: